Sunday, August 15, 2010

And We're Off!

To Maine that is, for 2 weeks, Jessie and I. So no more posts until re return, as I will be seriously offline! I will, however, share one highlight of Jessie's time at camp aside from the cute counsellors. It was the enthusiastic response of one of her cousellors to her helpfulness and organization skills. You heard right! And I quote: Jessie was a fantastic camper. She socialized every opportunity she received. She was also extremely helpful and she always kept her things organized. (My bolding).

Wow!! Could have knocked me over with a feather. And I made sure to let her know how delighted we were! So now there is no reason for me to ever be on her case (as she is quick to point out).

She also spent alot of time with the staff and "...she interacted very will with fellow campers as well as counsellors. She made many new friends with campers and fellow staff."

So another great year and I can now honestly say that the summer wasn't a disaster. It turns out you just have to send your children away to find out what they are really capable of. I must remember this. But now its to the beach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jesse could be a camp counselor for younger kids? (Like Gabe!)

Have a great trip gals!